Work In Progress
How to Assess Data Quality Strategies
Look at the complete IT picture, not just the narrow scope promoted by the traditional data management community. Three categories of risk, financial, complexity, and cultural. The cultural risks are particularly important because those are what will often determine the ultimate success of a data quality program. Sadly, they are often ignored.
The following risk factors are important when comparing data quality strategies:
- Timing. Proactive vs. reactive
- Payback period.
- Cost. Initial investment and ongoing.
- Level of automation.
- Organizational complexity.
- Technical complexity.
- Cultural alignment with development teams.
- Cultural alignment with data professionals.
- The Agile Database Techniques Stack
- Clean Database Design
- Comparing Data Quality Techniques
- Configuration management
- Continuous Database Integration (CDI)
- Data Cleansing: Applying The “5 Whys” To Get To The Root Cause
- Data Quality in an Agile World
- Data Quality Techniques
- Data Technical Debt
- Database refactoring
- Database testing
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
This book, Choose Your WoW! A Disciplined Agile Approach to Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) – Second Edition, is an indispensable guide for agile coaches and practitioners. It overviews key aspects of the Disciplined Agile® (DA™) tool kit. Hundreds of organizations around the world have already benefited from DA, which is the only comprehensive tool kit available for guidance on building high-performance agile teams and optimizing your WoW. As a hybrid of the leading agile, lean, and traditional approaches, DA provides hundreds of strategies to help you make better decisions within your agile teams, balancing self-organization with the realities and constraints of your unique enterprise context.
I also maintain an agile database books page which overviews many books you will find interesting.